BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mom

I know this post is a few days early but i just had a few things on my mind and i feel i need to vent. Vent isn't the right word but you know what i mean. First of all i have to tell you that about a month ago my Grandma Meek was hospitalized in congestive heart failure. Since being released she is a permanent resident with my mom. My mom left for D.C. last Thursday and left me in charge! I am grateful for the opportunity to help my mom out in any way I can and to help my grandma out as well. I have such an appreciation for my mom. I don't know how she does it! She has a way of dealing with things that amazes me. I seem to crumble very easily. She always keeps a level head in the mist chaos. I don't know how she does it! She was meant to have six kids. Growing up I always thought Mom was the bad guy she was always soooo strict. Now i realize she did a damn good job(sorry mom)! Tonight Owen spiked a fever and i freaked out. No matter how many times he gets sick i worry that something is really wrong and that i am going to miss it and not do the right thing. I know I can call my mom no matter what time it is and she is always a sound of reason and comfort. Emotionally, i am spent with Owen, drew and grandma. I know all of my siblings still rely on my mom and yet she is there for each of us when we need her. Thank you mom for being the best example of what a mother is. I love you!

7 comments:

Ashley C. said...

What a cute post Adi. Jules sure is awesome. We love her. And we love you too! Hope Owen feels better soon. And Happy Mothers day to you this weekend.

Remember that Mothers day when we went to park city and stayed at stien eriksen and then did brunch? man i wish you guys were here- i could use a barnett fix. somehow i am going to get me there....

love you.

Summer said...

An FYI...You too are an amazing mother! I really love the way you parent and am trying to keep those memories intact for when it is my turn. Owen has turned out to be an incredible little boy! You should be so proud of yourself and when it comes down to it you always have a clear head...(just maybe not when there is a huge storm and flooding in Powell. :)

Big hugs to Jules...six kids grown up and all amazing people. WOW!

XO...

Unknown said...

You should know that I couldn't do much of what I do without you. You and Michael keep our home happy and a fun place to come home to. Thank heavens you are there....or I wouldn't be here. I am so sorry you are having to do it all without me. I owe you big time! I wouldn't be any kind of mom without you great kids! You are all my favorite people to be with. Thank you for your kind words and tremendous help. I love you tons! Mom

Michael said...

Don't worry Adi, everyday you are slowly turning into your mother.

Crazy Lifferths said...

Love you! You are the greatest mother ever! Can I move in and you take care of us?! :) And Michael, that is the sweetest thing I have ever heard you say...is that in all seriousness?! Love you all and Happy Mothers' Day!

Coleen said...

She is the greatest Mother-In-Law too and raised the best boy ever!

Courtney said...

Hooray for Julie! She is a great mom! I completely agree!