BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Drew Seth Barnett



So here is how it went dowm... Adi went to the hospital at 9:00 am to check in and get ready for the baby. The doctor came in and broke her water around 12:15 and then told us that the anesthesiologist was in a surgery and that he would be by around 1:30 or 2:00pm to give Adi an epidural. Well, Drew was not going to wait that long! About 15 minutes after they broke Adi's water she had some serious contractions. About 30 minutes after that, Drew was born. Too bad for Adi there was no time for the epidural. She had to do this one old school. Adrienne did an amazing job. She was very strong and handled the pain with a grace that I will never be able to understand. I have a new appreciation for women do to bring life into this world, and I am grateful that they have the strength to go through with it. I think we all know that if the roles were reversed human would have been extinct thousand of years ago. I am very proud of Adi and I am excited to spend more time with Drew and get to know him. 


Owen was very excited to meet his baby brother. He was very interested in Drew for about 10 minutes, then he started acting crazy, slipped and put his tooth through his bottom lip. In true Owen form there were little tears an he was off to climb on something new. IT was after this "The Grandmas" took him home. They were an unbelievable strength to Adi and I and we are very greatful for their help. 

Drew is 8 lbs 5 oz and is 20 inches in length. He is a beautiful baby boy and the doctors all say that he is a fine specimen of health. He and Adi are doing great and we are thankful everyones kindness. Enjoy some pics of the little guy!

7 comments:

Ashley C. said...

yeahhhhhh!!! i have a little tear streaming down my face right now becuase i just wish i was there. oh how i love you guys. today i told ruby that her boyfriend was born! I swear she smiled.
Drew is so cute!! I am so glad he made it here safe and sound. and i am happy that you were okay- even though it sounds like it was a doozey. so fun to talk to you!! i miss you like crazy and i am already looking for plane tickets to come visit in the spring. I LOVE YOU!

Ashley C. said...

ps. michael.. loved the post.

CaraDee said...

Holy MOLY Adriene!!!
I'm so sorry about the non-epidural. You are a strong strong woman and you are forever a goddess. (For some reason, not everyone who does it natural is, just you since you hadn't planned it)
You're making me nervous. I will be making sure the anesth...is THERE. Congratulations!!

Anna said...

Oh, he is so cute! I love the photo with his hands up by his face. Sara loves to do that too. Congrats Adrienne and Micheal. And Adi, yikes on no edpidural!! I can't believe little Drew came so fast! He is a beautiful little baby. Congrats!!

The Pollock Family said...

Congatualtions!! Way to go without drugs! He is beautiful!!

Courtney said...

Congrats! I am so excited to meet him and A- I think you are amazing!

Summer said...

Drew is so so so so so adorable...and I love his name. Sethykins was so bashful about it..it was pretty sweet. I love you all-Adi you are such a trooper and a strong woman..I knew you had it in you. But I can just imagine the look of shock/horror that occurred...it sucks not to be prepared for that-but it's possible!! I love you guys and I cannot wait to see you! When is your next trip?? BTW...my new blog is up and running--I am determined to be good. :)