BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Timeless Images of Beauty

There are very few images in this world that manage to capture beauty in its truest form. The face of an athlete after winning a world championship, the fall of the Berlin wall, and those famous first footsteps on the moon’s surface; all examples of images that will forever live on in history. This last weekend I had the pleasure to take part in a relay race that started in Logan and ended in Park City. 180 miles of grueling mountain climbs and steep descents. As team we completed the course in 29 hours. One picture can describe this glorious accomplishment. Behold, “Man Running” by: Michael Barnett.

How one lens can capture such strength and dignity baffles me. The raw power of the young man is mind blowing. The strength of 1000 horses with the delicate beauty of a butterfly. I am happy that this magical moment could be captured and frozen for all generations to benefit. Here are some more images for your enjoyment. YOU ARE WELCOME!


p.s. The cars in the above picture are moving at a rate of approximately 50 MPH. How he managed to keep up with them is a mystery still to this day

6 comments:

CaraDee said...

Oh geeez, look at you fly!

Spencer Hyde said...

I shall call you white thunder for your accomplishment, but because you punched me I must recant that blessed title. You have ashamed me grasshopper.

sterlingandbrandi said...

thank you, thank you, thank you

john said...

i have been looking at this picture for exactly 24 consecutive hours now. I have had neither food nor drink. I have cursed every blink for the millisecond it robbed from me

thank you indeed, michael.

Ashley C. said...

those are beautiful michael. we are proud of you. well done.

Summer said...

Next year-Wasatch Back '09! We'd better start training now-I don't want to hear that famous office quote that you will never hear the end of!

Oh, and...just keep telling yourself that basketball counts:)